Sunday, June 14, 2009

Out With the Old

Lately, my life has been nothing if not transitional. People who were once a huge part of my world are now all but absent. And there are new-- literally new-- humans around to fill the void. Like this one, for instance:
Now, I understand that getting a brand new, perfect baby niece is nothing akin to having your own child. I haven't been up in the middle of the night a single time (except when my sis went into labor, which I subsequently supported her through, along with the birth-- one of the single most beautiful things I have ever witnessed,) I change about one diaper per week, and doctor visits aren't my jurisdiction. However, there's nothing like the presence of a perfect new person to affirm life. Just burying my nose into her vanilla scented skin for five seconds makes my entire day. She's a dream. So, there's that.

There's also the new place, and soon enough I'll be beginning yet another new job.

I've always been more than comfortable with change. It's stagnation that makes me nervous. Twenty four hours in a new locale, and I'm content to call it home. A couple of hours with a friend of a friend, and they're my new BFF. I live rather well out of a suitcase. And so, I'm feeling excitedly content about the future.

Fortuitously, I still have two constants in my life. My husband, and my city. My city, which I am terribly hard on during the inclement weather months. But it's June, I'm living in the best neighborhood in the city, and Minneapolis has never been lovelier. And my husband, who knows me and for some reason insists on loving me anyway. From our recent 9 year wedding anniversary, which we celebrated at Psycho Suzi's, which I thought was delightfully apropos:




Gratitude fills my heart tonight. Gross, I know. Deal with it.

2 comments:

  1. Vanilla scented??? Where do I get one of those? Mine smells like old formula and poo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need some of that fresh boobie millk. . . Mmmmm boobies.

    ReplyDelete